Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Joke in the Making

Good Day to everyone out in blogland. (Like the new nation designation I'm in love with it!!)

Any way i went to the doctor yesterday because I was feeling poorly.  Took hubs with me cuz he had the day off and why the heck not. 

OK so I'm in the waiting room coughing my fool head doff and this little tiny kid says to his mom "I don't think she should be out of bed". Now I am heading toward 60 (yes I am that old, and yes if you tell anyone I will cry) and I KNOW that I should be home in bed, but since I am coughing so hard I can't catch my breath the doctors office seems like someplace that I should be. The waiting room is filled with people and one gentle man has a "conference with several of the waiting patience and they decide that I really need to go in and see the doctor first-"I don't know what she has, but I DON'T want it.

OK, they call my name I am coughing and hacking burning up and freezing to death at the same time the intake nurse says what are we seeing you for today? Can't she see that I can't breath for heavens sake? I say to her "I'm here because I'm sick."  "What are your symptoms?"  "I am coughing up a lung, can't catch my breath, I'm burning up (must be on the equator) and oh yeah did I tell you I tell you I am freezing to death?"
"Well do you think it bad enough to see the doctor or do you want tosee Janet?" "Janet I'm not comfortable with a doctor that went to school with my son and was one of his friends."

OK that is taken care of, and I get into the examination room and all is going pretty well.  Janet comes n and tells me I don't look so good and we go over the questions again with a few more added just for good measure:  have you ever had a DPT vaccine? If there is a vaccine out there I've have it before Amie Jo's little kids were born.

Well, let's take a look and see what is going on here. (OH PLEASE DO I DON"T FEEL WELL!!)

"Can you cough for me?" (Are you kidding for two weeks that is all I have been doing, just not for you and not with this force).

Well, lets get to the joke shall we: A 60 year old woman goes to the doctor with her husband the doctor says "you have pertussis" the husband says "what"s that"? Wife says whooping cough.

I laughed all the way home from the doctors office. So everyone have a laugh on me!!

Until next time remember "You Can Fly With Fairy Dust!!" 

I'm flying back to bed :)

1 comment:

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Apparently whooping cough is making a comeback. I am assuming that by now, you are feeling much, much better. I was sick all last week with a nasty cold. Every day I feel a slight improvement. The doctor never did tell me what I have - just loaded me up with prescriptions.

I think your blog is absolutely adorable!

Smiles,
Teresa